Sunday, December 29, 2013

Teddy Bridgewater leads Louisville over the University of Miami - Russell Athletic Bowl


The Miami Hurricanes enter the Citrus Bowl in a cloud of smoke

Early in my freelance career, I shot NFL and college football every weekend. For almost 10 seasons, I traveled across the country doing this. It was the time of my life. I think that I have photographed about 250 pro and college football games.
I ultimately decided that I wanted to take my career in another direction  - the corporate - advertising direction. I stopped shooting action sports assignments after Super Bowl XXXIX  in Jacksonville (2005).

However, my alma mater, the University of Miami received a bowl bid to play at the Russell Athletic Bowl on December 28, 2013 in Orlando. I couldn't resist! I love my old school, and I decided that I wanted to be there on the sidelines again. I felt a little rusty, but it all came back pretty quick. the photos were all shot with a Nikon D4 and a Nikon 200-400. 1/640th at F/4, 3200 ASA.


The University of Miami Sunsations are a big part of the game festivities


Miami QB Stephen Morris runs for his life as Louisville defenders chase him
QB Stephen Morris finished his Miami career going 12 of 27 for 160 yards

Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater was named game MVP


Louisville WR DeVante Parker scored on a 26-yard pass play in the second quarter.

Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater completed 35 of 45 passes for a career-high 447 yards

No comments:

Post a Comment